Romania Adoption Program
Agape Adoptions is honored to advocate for children in Romania who are in need of permanent loving families. The Romania program is a small one, open only to those who hold US and Romanian citizenship. Agape Adoptions has received accreditation from the Romanian Office for Adoptions (ROA), now the newly formed adoption authority of National Authority for Protection of Children’s Rights and Adoption (ANPDCA). All adoptions from Romania are completed in accordance with the Hague Convention on inter country adoption. More information can be found here.
• Opposite sex married couples, legally residing in the United States, where at least one parent is a Romanian citizen. Please note
that Romania will not permit same-sex couples to adopt.
• Single applicants who hold US and Romanian citizenship
• Parents must be a minimum of 18 years older than the child they desire to adopt.
• Families must be financially stable.
• There are no restrictions on number of other children in the home.
About the Children
Children ages 3 and older are waiting for adoption.
Adopting from Romania
• Complete adoption application for preliminary approval by Agape Adoptions.
• Begin adoption home study report (generally about 3-4 months to complete).
• Assemble, notarize, and submit dossier documents to Agape Adoptions.
• Submit and file immigration documents with the USCIS office.
• Upon completion, Agape Adoptions will submit the dossier to the adoption authority for registration. The adoption authority will
provide a referral for your family.
Romania has a residency travel requirement for all international adoptions. Both parents (in two-parent families) must travel and effectively reside in Romania for a minimum of 30 days to interact and bond with the child they intend to adopt. One to three trips may be required to complete your adoption. All adoptions are finalized in Romania.
After returning home, six post-placement visits are required, every four months, for the first 24 months. Agape Adoptions can assist you with the processing of these reports for the adoption authority.
The estimated cost for an adoption from Romania is $13,000 to $15,000, excluding travel and in-country processing costs. This fee includes home study and immigration fees. Please contact us for more specific information on fees associated with adopting a child from Romania.